The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration recently released a grant funding opportunity announcement (FOA) entitled, “Project AWARE (Advancing Wellness and Resiliency in Education) State Education Agency Grants”. The short title for this program is “AWARE-SEA” and applications are due no later than Monday, April 20, 2020! Please share it with your colleagues and tribal stakeholders. Information on the FOA is below and the link for additional information is https://www.samhsa.gov/grants/
* FOA Number: SM-20-016
* Application Due Date: Monday, April 20, 2020
* Purpose: SAMHSA expects that this program will focus on partnerships and collaboration between state and local systems to promote the healthy development of school-aged youth and prevent youth violence.
* Eligibility: Education Agencies/Authorities serving children and youth residing in federally recognized American Indian/Alaska Native tribes, tribal organizations, and consortia of tribes or tribal organizations.
* Anticipated Total Available Funding: $31,492,000
* Anticipated Number of Awards: 17 (At least 3 awards will be made to Tribal Education Agencies/Authorities pending sufficient application volume from these groups).
* Anticipated Award Amount: From $1,800,000 per year
* Length of Project: Up to 5 years
* Cost Sharing/Match Required?: No
Sharece N. Tyer, MBA, MS
Public Health Analyst
Office of the Assistant Secretary
Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs
Office of Tribal Affairs and Policy
Office of Indian Alcohol and Substance Abuse
Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
5600 Fishers Lane, Room 18E09C
Rockville, MD 20857
Tel: (240) 276-2432